Website Inner Flame
Associate Facilitator – Manage Anxiety Your Way
On a contracted basis, you’ll be expected to run a minimum of 3 programmes a year. Programmes run for 8 weeks, with an average of 5 hours of session time per week. Hours and timings are flexible and can vary. All necessary training will be given and programme content is ready to use.
For further information and a taste of what the job entails, please sign up to attend our Open Day workshop
Main purpose of the job
Deliver Inner Flame’s programmes to empower young people, so they have a greater opportunity to thrive.
The mental wellbeing programme consists of a series of online interactive workshops that engage young people in promoting healthy minds, with the following aims:
- Understanding anxiety
- Learning and trying out techniques to manage their mental wellbeing
- Improving mental health by adopting and practicing techniques that work for them
The emphasis is on guiding learning, not on instruction, encouraging and facilitating the participants in increasing their understanding and exploring techniques for self-care.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
Reports to: Delivery Manager
Responsible for: Young people on programmes
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate sessions using available framework.
- Research and prepare for the training programmes as required.
- Use your own experiences to enrich the programmes as appropriate – but act as a facilitator, not an expert.
- Lead, facilitate and deliver the training programmes that you have co-produced using a range of methods and resources.
- Help evaluate training programmes in order to continually improve provision.
- Reflect recovery principles in all aspects of your work, ensuring that you, and the resources you use, portray messages of hope, empowerment, possibility, and aspirations.
- Promote the work of Inner Flame. Recruit young people to the mental wellbeing programme, and encourage them to consider other programmes where appropriate.
- Provide young people with information and helpful resources.
- Provide young people with creative tools and skills to develop their own strategies.
- Use the available resources to encourage young people to continue to support themselves beyond the programme. e.g. Peer led support group
The facilitator will also coach participants 1-1, to engage them, clarify what they want to get from the programme and next steps.
Undertaking relevant training
- Undertake all relevant training associated with Inner Flame’s work including but not restricted to mental health first aid and safeguarding.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities, Education and Access issues
- A commitment to Mental health guidelines
- A commitment to working with young people
- A commitment to providing an inclusive environment
- An enhanced DBS check will be required
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Facilitation and coaching skills.
- Ability to empathise with young people.
- Ability to understand and apply the requirements of Mental Health first aid (Existing MHFA training desirable)
- Ability to respond appropriately to unexpected challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to speak to a wide range of audiences on complex issues.
- Be able to lead by example
- Ability to ask for support when it’s needed
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working with young people aged 16 – 25 years old, including the at‐risk and marginalised.
- Demonstrable interest in: community projects, working with young people, the issues surrounding mental health.
- Awareness of mental health issues
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
- Some personal experience with mental health and wellbeing
- An understanding of at‐risk young people’s needs
- An understanding of how to offer strategic support vs. emotional support
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
- A flexible approach to work.
- Keen to work with vulnerable young people affected by emotional and behavioural conditions.
WHAT INNER FLAME CAN OFFER YOU
- An inclusive and supportive working environment
- Flexible working days and hours
- Continual support and coaching
- Developing your personal knowledge of mental health and wellbeing
- Nurturing personal growth and development
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.