What holds young people back from success?
Sometimes, it’s the economy. It’s a tragedy when there aren’t enough chances for young people to do valuable, worthwhile work. However, as individuals, we can all ensure that we are best placed to win the competition for good opportunities.
Sometimes, the issue is CV-related: education, skills, experience. There are lots of places that offer support and resources to address any shortfalls. We partner with some great schools, colleges and training organisations who can help students where lack of qualifications is the issue.
Often, however, the bigger barriers are within our minds – our beliefs, attitudes, or not enough confidence, self esteem, or focus. This is where Inner Flame has a great track record of inspiring young people to grow into the person that they want to be.
We’ve also noticed a growing demand from people aged 16-24 for skills and knowledge that will be directly useful in achieving success in their life, so we recently piloted the following workshops with great success:
When do you get the job, or the university place, that you want?
- In the first minute of the interview, through your body language and rapport.
- Before that, in your mindset, the attitude you choose, and how you prepare.
When your CV and job-hunting efforts get you to interview, you need to make the most of the opportunity. In this new workshop, we prepare participants to make a great first impression, which interviewers tell us is more than half the battle.
An important feature of this workshop is the chance to practice (in front of a video camera if appropriate). On our mock interview days, we recommend that students take part in 2-3 interviews with immediate face to face feedback from experienced interviewers, with written feedback if required. This allows participants to build confidence and improve the impression they create.
How to be rich
What does money mean to you? This is for young people aged 16+ who want to:
- Examine and question their beliefs and attitudes to money
- Develop their awareness and understanding of finance
- Avoid the pitfalls that can lead to becoming a slave to debt
- Identify ways to become wealthy
Money can be a boring subject, so our trainers create interactive sessions. We also involve people who can talk about finance with credibility and have:
- Created wealth by growing businesses and through property investment,
- Gained extensive experience working in banking, financial serviices and financial investments, or
- Learned about debt the hard way