The Government’s aim under the Every Child Matters agenda is for every child and young person to have the support they need to develop to their full potential. This page summarises how our course "Fire Me Up!" helps them achieve the five outcomes:
- Fire Me Up! includes physical challenges; course tutors lead by example in offering exercise every day.
- We explain the link between mind and body, and the importance of nutrition and exercise in a balanced lifestyle.
- Participants will devise strategies to deal with challenges and manage their emotional state, which encourages emotional wellbeing.
- By developing a positive focus, young people will be less likely to engage in anti social or criminal behaviour.
- Inner Flame believes that it is important for young people to participate in physical activities that involve an element of managed risk, especially in a society where risk avoidance seems to becoming more prevalent.
- Child welfare and protection measures are in place during the course, as you would expect.
Enjoy and achieve
- Participants will be more likely to commit to education or furthering their career, when they can more clearly see the relevance to what they want to achieve and become.
- Fire Me Up! is designed to be high-energy and enjoyable throughout.
- In learning the "secrets of success", and working out what success actually means for them personally, participants will become more committed to achieving their goals and dreams in life.
Make a positive contribution
- We help young people to develop positive personal relationships, gain self confidence and learn strategies for dealing with life challenges.
- We encourage participants towards making positive choices for themselves, and show how Sharing (contributing beyond oneself) can lead to success and happiness.
Achieve economic well-being
- If participants raise their aspirations and make positive choices on their education, employment and life, they can achieve greater financial stability.
- We cover money management briefly in "Fire Me Up!", and as a result of the course, many of our participants will make choices and commit to actions that will enhance their prospects in life.
Fire Me Up! also contributes to the Government’s "Aiming High for Young People" strategy, which focuses on helping all young people, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, to take part in enjoyable and purposeful activities in their free time.